On the 21st to the 23rd July 2017 at The All Saints Centre in Lewes, The Lewes Speakers Festival brings together some of the most exciting speakers in the UK.
The speakers include:
- Polly Toynbee and David Walker, The Guardian columnist and the former Director of Public Reporting at the Audit Commission respectively, explain how the British state has been systematically attacked and dismembered and the effects of this on us all.
- Roy Hattersley, who served in Jim Callaghan’s cabinet and who became Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, explains the history of Catholics in Britain and Ireland from the reformation until today.
- Jim Hoare, who set up the British Embassy in Pyongyang and was Ambassador to North Korea, reflects on the recent behaviour of the country and its implications for the world.
- Harry Mount, Editor of the Oldie, explains how Brexit split the Tories, destroyed Labour and divided the country.
- Peter Conradi, Foreign Editor of the Sunday Times, explains Russia’s recent political events and incursions into Georgia, Ukraine and Syria. He also proposes a way forward.
…and many more.
Tickets and information: please go to the festival website or ring the Booking Line on 0333 666 3366.