The winners of the Children’s Art Competition, Summer 2015 are:
- 4-7 years age group: Georgette Godsmark, 5, Lewes Castle
- 8-11 years age group: Theo da Costa, 10, Marsh Frogs on the Railway Land
- 12 – 18 years age group: Anwesha Maiti, 12, Lewes Castle
The winners each received a prize of a £25 Book Voucher at the winners’ presentation at Lewes Town Hall Lecture Room, Thursday 1 October 2015. The children whose entries were chosen for the calendar (below) also received prizes. You can see the photos taken at the presentation on Flickr.
All the entries for the competition were on display at the Lewes Town Hall foyer from 1 October 2015 for one week, and can also be seen on Flickr.
The winning entries and others have been used to illustrate a Friends of Lewes Calendar for 2016.This calendar is available for sale from Le Bureau in Friar’s Walk, Lewes, Lewes Tourist Information Centre on the High Street, and also at the forthcoming FoL lectures on 29 October 2015, and 26 November 2015, or via email@example.com.
A Special Place in Lewes
Friends of Lewes invite all of the children and young people living in Lewes, or at school in Lewes, to take part in their Summer 2015 Art Competition. We are asking them to draw, paint, or to make a print or a collage, of a building or place in Lewes which they think is special.
The prizes are a £25 book token for the winning entries from each age group: Age 4-7 years
Age 8-11 years
Age 12 – 18 years
A selection of the entries will be used to illustrate a Friends of Lewes calendar for 2016.
All you have to do to take part is:
- make your picture on a piece of A4 sized paper, landscape;
- fill in an entry form, including your name, age, address and your reasons for choosing this building or place as “special” to Lewes;
- stick your entry form to the back of your picture;
- give your picture and entry form to your school office, for collection by the Friends of Lewes, or take/post it to the Town Hall, (“FoL Special Places Competition”, Lewes Town Council Offices, Town Hall, High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2QS).
CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER 2015