A Lewes Priory Trust Study Day
The Cloister and the Gate: the Monks of Lewes Priory and the Laity
Pass through the Priory Gatehouse with us as a visitor as we join the pilgrims and the patrons and enter the cloistered world of the monks
- HOW elaborate and innovative was the Cluniac cloister of the 12th and 13th century?
- HOW were visitors, pilgrims and patrons received when they arrived at the priory?
- WHAT did the visiting laity experience as they entered the priory and the church?
- WHAT can we learn about priories and patrons from their related psalters?
- Harriet Mahood, BA MA(Res) University of Reading
- Dr Ruth Salter University of Reading
- John McNeill FSA Hon. Sec. British Archaeological Association
- Jennifer Mansfield MPhil Candidate University of Exeter
- Chair: Arthur Franklin
Venue: St John The Baptist Church, Southover, Lewes
Booking: via Priory Trust website