This National Park greenfield site, with historic links to the former religious settlement in the vicinity of Malling Deanery, was put forward by the Inspector considering the joint Lewes District/South Downs National Park Core Strategy as a potential site for housing, to accommodate around 200 new dwellings.
Although the Friends of Lewes objected strongly to the potential zoning of this site, and the National Park Authority were concerned about the impact on the landscape, the Inspector confirmed his decision. We will comment on the design and potential screening of a development when draft plans for the site come forward.
Friends of Lewes statements and Consultation Responses on the Old Malling Farm development:
- Friends of Lewes response to SDNPA consultation on draft Old Malling Farm Design Brief, March 2020
- Friends of Lewes position statement submitted to the South Downs Local Plan Inquiry commenting on Policy SD79 (Old Malling Farm) of the draft SDNPA’s Local Plan, November 2018
- FoL and South Downs Society joint response to SDNPA and LDC’s Joint Core Strategy proposal for Old Malling Farm development. September 2015
- Resumed Hearings to Examine the Proposed Modifications of the LDC and SDNPA’s Joint Core Strategy, 16-17 December 2015
- Old Malling Farm allocation for housing development, August 2015
To explore other Friends of Lewes statements and submissions to the planning authorities on this development, use the search box at top right, and see the Friends of Lewes Newsletters.