A planning application has been submitted in relation to the redevelopment of North Street Quarter, Lewes, by joint landowners Santon North Street Ltd and Lewes District Council.
It is a hybrid application, in detail for Phase 1 and outline for the rest of the site.
You can see the plans via the South Downs National Park Authority planning page, or, just type in SDNPA into your browser, enter North Street in the search box and follow the links.
Hard copies are available to view at:
- Lewes Town Hall, High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2Q5
- Lewes District Council Offices, Southover House, Southover Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1AB
- Lewes Library, Styles Field, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2LZ (key documents only)
Friends of Lewes will be forming a response next month and welcomes comments from members as part of that process.
You may write, c/o The Secretary at the Town Hall, or use a new e-mail address, dedicated to consultations: firstname.lastname@example.org
A meeting for members to contribute in person and hear the views of others has been arranged for 7:30pm on Monday April 20th in the Council Chamber of Lewes Town Hall.
Suggested topics might be:
- Overall design of the development, integration with the town, river frontage
- Housing mix, affordable homes, provision for businesses
- Phase 1: scale, massing, vistas, building elevations and materials
- Infrastructure: traffic, pedestrians, flood protection, parking
- Sustainability, landscape impact, biodiversity
Marcus Taylor (FoL Secretary)