Referendum results given out on 8 March 2019:
Yes 2993 (92%)
No 268 (8%)
Lewes Town Council has prepared the Neighbourhood Plan through a Steering Group representing the community.
Neighbourhood planning allows local people to contribute to shaping and influencing development in the places where they live and work.
In Lewes, the intention is to:
- preserve the character of the town
- sustain both the community and our environment
- use previously developed land for future housing
- find ways to provide low-cost housing
- preserve historic features, and
- protect green spaces and our natural environment
The Plan sets out a vision for the town through to 2033 and, if adopted, will guide future development.
This Referendum is for Lewes electors only
Provided a simple majority is in favour the Plan will become part of local planning law