A Lewes Priory Trust Study Day
Join us on our archaeological and historical exploration of food and drink.
- Are fat monks myth or fact? What can their skeletons tell us about their diet?
- How did dining etiquette and table manners compare to ours today?
- What light do illuminated manuscripts throw on the cycle of food production?
- Discover more about monastic brewing, brew houses and priory ale.
- Dr Cathy Oakes, Associate Professor of Art History, University of Oxford
- Dr Pip Patrick, University College, London
- Andrew Davison, Principal Inspector of Ancient Monuments, Historic England
- Dr Laura Jacobus, Senior Lecturer in History of Art, Birkbeck College, University of London
- Chair: Arthur Franklin
Venue: St John The Baptist Church, Southover, Lewes
- Full price adult ticket is £15
- Concessionary ticket price is £10 (Lewes Priory Trust members, students, retired, those on benefits, job seekers)
- Lunch: vegetable soups, breads, smoked mackerel, soft cheeses, cloudy apple juice. £7
Booking: Via the Lewes Priory Trust website